Mormon Christian Values
Simply stated, Mormons, members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, believe in the purest of Christian values, including the following, which link to additional information:
- Chastity and abstinence before marriage, and fidelity to one partner of the opposite sex after marriage.
- Honest living and dealings with our fellow beings.
- Putting God first, family next, and everything else third.
- Warring only when in defense of family or freedom of religion, as directed by God.
- Serving in the family, Church, community and kingdom, and being “anxiously engaged” in doing good.
- Serving without pay in the Church.
- Giving to the poor and needy, succoring those whose “hands hang down.”
- Consistent and meaningful family and personal prayer.
- Daily family and personal scripture study.
- Living pure lives from the inside out. Repenting daily.
- Worshipping God through temple service (see Mormon temples).
- Fasting and praying to draw closer to the Lord and to seek guidance, assistance, or revelation to break every yoke.
- Paying a full and honest tithe to the Lord consistently.
- Sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ with all who will hear–including the pre-mortal, mortal, and post-mortal life of the Savior, His atonement, His resurrection, His plan of happiness for all.
- Living frugally and sharing what we receive.
- Seeing all that we have as a stewardship and treating possessions and talents accordingly.
- Watching wholesome entertainment and refusing to participate in other forms.
- Listening to uplifting music.
- Living life fully and abundantly.
- Partaking of the Sacrament regularly for remission of sins and to receive God’s Spirit.
- Ministering to others as prompted by the Holy Ghost.
- Teaching our children values and a love of God and ability to hear His voice.
- Following modern and ancient prophets and seeking personal revelation which enables us to do God’s will now and live with Him forever.
We invite you to ask any questions you have if you are seeking to make a change in your life, or looking for a Church home where Christ’s teachings are present in full.